Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Tough personal day

Its a year since my father died, while I was on the other side of the world. There was so much I wanted to say and never did, in common with a lot of people I suppose, the issues yesterday were with my mother. I hate that I am getting into the same position with her. She has Parkinsons, not the type that dulls the mind the type that attacks the body. We had to move her from her home of 58 years to a hospital, after she had a fall, for 9 weeks and now into a nursing home. As a result she is losing control over her life and gets frustrated and I got the frustration on Sunday. Its so hard she wants me to come home and look after her, that's the way it was when she grew up, and I now have my own family half the world away and so cannot. It hurts when she lashes out and the day being the anniversary of dads death made it harder but being a son is like being a husband is like being a father. You have to take it and stand up.

Its kind of like the golf day when things take your mind off the rest of the world. Then back to the hotel and the rest of the world crashes back in.

Am I the only person in the world who understands that Hezbollah are the bad guys, hiding amongst the population and launching strikes on civilians but the UN obviously sees it through the same old corrupt lens. Corrupt in thought as well as morally and physically. I see Kofi Annan as a greedy man grasping at the last vestige's of influence has he no shame at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home