Friday, July 21, 2006

Starting out

I suppose I am not alone in thinking the way I do, we all have a different slant on where life has taken and will take us. There are times when I find myself, as this morning, screaming at some moronic idiot talking head on TV or radio, its not that I am right and he is wrong its just I have been where he is talking about and he has not.

The theme this morning was the nasty Israeli over reactions in the middle east. There is this talking head taking sides and pontificating from the safety of his studio in Australia. I do not come down on any side, although I have been much more sympathetic to the Palestinians of late, until they kidnapped the soldier and murdered the settler they were holding, its called losing the bad news. I do understand that you cannot view life in the middle east with the same eye's as you do life in Australia. These groups all want to wipe each other out to the arab terrorist the only good Israeli is a dead one and vice versa. These are not gangs in Cronulla or what ever the beach was, these are serious people whose life is mayhem and murder. Who started it many years ago is not the point any more.

We either let them fight it out or we give up any middle east influence for the next two or three generations by retreating.

Its a mess but what is not needed are the talking heads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home